More than one candidate may be hired for this position. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject-line of your email.
As a software engineer, you are responsible for developing, updating, and maintaining applications to collect, filter, transform, and merge aviation data from multiple real-time and historical data sources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build components of PASSUR’s aviation platform.
- Responsible for creating, testing, maintaining and debugging code.
- Work in close coordination with platform architects and other developers during product development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, from four-year college or university, at least 5 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in building production systems using ReactJS, C++
- Experience using open-sources libraries
- Experience with frameworks such as React, React Native and Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Experience in in code repositories such as Git, Subversion
- Experience appropriate to perform the Essential Functions above
- Experience with AWS containerization/kubernetes
- Experience with machine learning using Python
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment- free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.